Restart from....? (DRP)

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Mon Jun 18 03:46:02 EDT 2018

Hi everyone

I've a question about DRP (Disaster Recovery Plan), what's the easiest (=
fastest) way to rebuild a server (with the data) after a server « disappear » (fire,
water flood, etc.).

I see three way to « backup »  the data :

  Replication,

  Backup service (inside cyrusimapd 3),

  Filesystem backup (whatever the technic)

For replication my concern is the speed of the replication, the main server
(I got only one server) got lots of RAM, got SSD, and SAS disk, the
replication got SATA disks (lots of RAM too). When I check I think
everything are indeed replicated on the « slave » but with some delays
(1/2 days).

What do you think ? What's your DRP ?

Regards.

JAS