XLIST, special-use mailboxes

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Fri Jun 15 04:26:36 EDT 2018

Op 15-06-18 om 06:44 schreef Anatoli:
> Paul,
>
> To add on top of what Bron said, xlist was removed in 2.5 but added as a
> (somewhat?) new implementation in 3.0, so you should install the newest
> version of Cyrus to take advantage of this feature.

I am using Cyrus 2.5.10, and I prefer using the Debian packages.
There is no 3.0 version in Debian at the moment.

So xlist is removed in 2.5, and the new implementation is not there?
So no support in Cyrus 2.5.10.

> In 3.0 xlist is part of autocreate functionality, i.e. an appropriate
> flag is set on each newly created folder once a new mailbox is created
> (AFAIK, it won't work on existing folders).

When I understand it well, this is only used while autocreating and not
for excisting folders. And customers can change this themselve in some
clients.

I am using Sogo webmail, and it lookslike it can change the special-use
of a folder.

>> What about client-support?  Is it much used in clients?
>
> From my experience, it's rather well supported. Some clients from time
> to time (depending on the vendors, versions, locales, etc.) fail to
> apply these flags to some of the folders, but most of the time it's very
> useful.

Thanks for your help.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis