XLIST, special-use mailboxes

Anatoli me at anatoli.ws
Fri Jun 15 00:44:03 EDT 2018

Paul,

To add on top of what Bron said, xlist was removed in 2.5 but added as a
(somewhat?) new implementation in 3.0, so you should install the newest
version of Cyrus to take advantage of this feature.

In 3.0 xlist is part of autocreate functionality, i.e. an appropriate
flag is set on each newly created folder once a new mailbox is created
(AFAIK, it won't work on existing folders).

 > What about client-support?  Is it much used in clients?

 From my experience, it's rather well supported. Some clients from time
to time (depending on the vendors, versions, locales, etc.) fail to
apply these flags to some of the folders, but most of the time it's very
useful.

Regards,
Anatoli