please HELP

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Mon Jan 22 18:08:58 EST 2018

On 01/22/2018 07:01 PM, Patrick Boutilier wrote:
> On 01/22/2018 06:02 PM, Heiler Bemerguy via Info-cyrus wrote:
>>>
>>> Was this performed as an admin?
>>
>> Yes. In a huge list of imap accounts I THOUGHT were unused

>>> What is your Cyrus version, and what does a sanitized copy of your
>>> imapd.conf look like?
>> 2.5.10
>> configdirectory: /var/lib/cyrus
>> proc_path: /dev/shm/cyrus/proc
>> mboxname_lockpath: /dev/shm/cyrus/lock
>> defaultpartition: default
>> partition-default: /var/spool/cyrus/mail
>> partition-news: /var/spool/cyrus/news
>> newsspool: /var/spool/news
>> altnamespace: no
>> unixhierarchysep: yes
>> reject8bit: yes
>> lmtp_downcase_rcpt: yes
>> admins: admin
>> allowanonymouslogin: no
>> popminpoll: 0
>> autocreate_quota: 0
>> umask: 077
>> hashimapspool: true
>> allowplaintext: yes
>> sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
>> lmtp_strict_quota: 1
>> allowusermoves: true
>>

>>> If you have unixhierarchysep turned off, then you'd want:
>>>
>>> cyrreconstruct -r -f user.personlogin
>>>
>>> Please make sure you have a backup of the current state of your
>>> mailstore
>>> before proceeding, in addition to whatever backups you had prior to
>>> modification.
>>
>> I've done that. But in the cyrus.header, the "todelete" is still
>> there, although in lower case..
>> I think that is the big problem!!
>>
>>> The '^' implies you have unixhierarchysep turned off, based on this:
>>>
>>> https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/concepts/features/namespaces.html?highlight=internal
>>>

>>> See the /doc/internal documentation within the source as well.

>> But it is enabled.. should I disable it or what?
>> I just renamed another imap account from "loginTODELETE" to "login"
>> and even after Reconstruct, it shows on cyrus.header:
>>
>>     root at mailer:/var/spool/cyrus/mail/a/user/ana^claudia# cat
>> cyrus.header
>>     Cyrus mailbox header
>>     "The best thing about this system was that it had lots of goals."
>>              --Jim Morris on Andrew
>>     user.ana^claudia        2696fec95963d41f
>>     $MDNSent $Forwarded
>>     ana.claudiatodelete     lrswipkxtecda
>>

>> Is this incorrect header file that is causing all this users folders
>> to appears as empty ?? why reconstruct isnt' fixing it ??!
>
> The way I interpret it is that the / means unixhierarchysep is on.
>
> Just tested this on 2.4.18 and the same thing happens. When you rename
> back no messages are listed and reconstruct does nothing.

Ah. As suspected the rights are wrong. You just need to set the rights
back to the real user. You probably need to use / instead of .

localhost> lam user.test
testtodelete lrswipkxtecda

localhost> sam user.test test lrswipkxtecda

localhost> lam user.test
testtodelete lrswipkxtecda
test lrswipkxtecda

localhost> sam user.test testtodelete ''

localhost> lam user.test
test lrswipkxtecda