Replicated RENAME leaves "empty" entry in mailboxes.db

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Sun Feb 25 20:05:46 EST 2018

Hi,

> [4:11pm] hagedose: user.testuser-clotho1.diesisteintest	16 (null)

This sounds like it's the tombstone entry for the deleted mailbox (i.e. a record that there used to be a mailbox with that name).  I believe tombstones are relatively new, in which case the master server might not have one just because it's an older build.  Off the top of my head I'm not sure what version they appeared in, but I think ~2.5.

I might be totally wrong here.  My understanding how tombstones appear to administrators is pretty woolly/nonexistent, so I'm guessing.  Hoping someone more familiar with these can chime in.

We don't really seem to have any documentation about them, so that would be a good thing to put together.  I've raised https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/issues/2265 for this, so we don't forget to do it :)

Cheers,

ellie