Truncated text during Xapian indexing

Robert Stepanek rsto at fastmailteam.com
Thu Feb 15 05:20:32 EST 2018

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018, at 10:44, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:

> ^Simon^: Is that the first 4Mb of the text/html and/or text/plain parts, or
> first 4Mb of the entire message body, ignoring any mime parts?

This limit defines the maximum byte length per MIME body-part of type "text". The byte length is calculated after decoding (e.g. quoted-printable), conversion to UTF-8 and search text normalisation (e.g. stripping HTML tags, replacing Umlaut characters with their ASCII counterparts, etc.). Actually, it also applies to any other search-indexed fields, such as subjects, headers, etc. but  in practice only is relevant for mail bodies.

> nicola_fm: For a faster response, drop some queries about cyrus and xapian
> on the mailing list. I am a poor proxy for sending messages to Robert S!
> As suggested by Nicola, I am taking it to the list :-)

Good idea :)

Cheers,
Robert