Initial use of Xapian

Lists Nethead lists at nethead.se
Wed Feb 14 11:35:05 EST 2018

Quoting Nic Bernstein <nic at onlight.com>:

> The advice to move it to START is actually based on a recently
> discovered bug, referred to in that issue report (#2234).  It
> /should/ be in DAEMON, but for that bug, which has been fixed.
> The fix will be in the next release.
>
> In general, the mailing is a grand place to start, and IRC is also
> your friend (#cyrus on freenode).
>
> Cheers,
>     -nic
>
> On 02/14/2018 04:58 AM, Lists Nethead wrote:
>> Quoting Sebastian Hagedorn <Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de>:
>>
>>> --On 14. Februar 2018 um 11:13:15 +0100 Lists Nethead

>>> Where did you put that statement? You can't put it in the DAEMON
>>> section with 3.0.5. Put it in START instead. See this issue for
>>> more information:
>>>
>>> <https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/issues/2234>
>>
>> A-ha. So it is better to look at Github instead of the mailing list
>> apparently.
>>
>> https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/reference/manpages/systemcommands/squatter.html still advises DAEMON, that is why it ended up
>> there.

Thanks to the advise above and I believe I got it working now.

One more thing though, if replication is involved, it appears one
needs one log for squatter and another for replication, am I correct?
I got replication to work only after I added another log, like,

sync_log_channels: squatter replog
and
syncclient       cmd="/usr/local/cyrus/sbin/sync_client -r -n replog"

Not sure if this is mentioned in the docs somewhere.

Cheers,

//per