Initial use of Xapian

Lists Nethead lists at nethead.se
Wed Feb 14 05:13:15 EST 2018

Hi,

I am testing Xapian in a 3.0.5 setup on FreeBSD using most default
setting. If I start imapd with "squatter cmd="squatter -R", more and
more "squatter" processes are created and eventually grabs all
resources.

The mail store is only 136G but it seems like the system wants to
index all mailboxes/messages at the same time instead of walking over
the store one by one like the old squatter process.

So, is this normal as a first time use of Xapian? Can I limit the
numer of squatter processes somehow?

Thanks,

//per