Size of partition.

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Mon Apr 30 14:12:29 EDT 2018

Le 30/04/2018 à 08:30:44+0200, Robert Stepanek a écrit
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2018, at 15:48, Albert Shih wrote:
> > I activated squatter but put the index not on ssd. The index
> > created by squatter are (in my case) about 5-8% of the size of
> > the mailbox.
> >
> > But I got lot of « conversation »  index. What's the purpose
> > of those « conversations »  ?
>
> conversations.db initially was used to keep an index of email
> conversations (e.g. the threaded views typically found in most email
> readers nowadays). But today it also helps for most use-cases where
> we need to keep track of messages across mailboxes (e.g. if you have
> two copies of an email in two mailboxes, you'll see that reflected in
> conversations.db). It confusingly is still named conversations.db for
> historic reasons. But for any recent (v3) Cyrus IMAP installation,
> including Xapian and JMAP, it's a very critical piece in the puzzle.

Ok. Thanks you.

Still one question, I see in the configuration file

  conversations_expire_days : 90

why do I need to keep those information during 90 days ?  For example what
would be the impact if I say

  conversations_expire_days : 7

Thanks for you help

Regards.