Size of partition.

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Fri Apr 27 09:06:28 EDT 2018

On 2018-04-27 14:33, Albert Shih wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some question about the grow speed of the size of
>
>     /var/imap
>
> because I would put that partition on SSD, and SSD are expensive. I would
> like to know what would be the ratio between the size of mailbox and
> /var/imap.

I don't think there's a fixed ratio; it's too dependent on how much you
use features like quotas and ACLs (and other DB-using features) and how
large you allow individual mailboxes to grow. We need about 0.5 megabyte
_per user_ for /var/imap; how much mailbox space the users get doesn't
really matter for it.