Question about getting release source packages (fwd)

Jason Englander jasoneng3 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 15:20:03 EDT 2018

On Sat, 14 Apr 2018, David J. Weller-Fahy wrote:

> the FTP location [1] referenced on github [2], I am prompted for a username
> and password.  I've tried anonymous, and various combinations thereof, but
> nothing allows me to access the release packages.
>
> [1]: ftp://ftp.cyrusimap.org/cyrus-imapd/
> [2]: https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd#how-to-get-cyrus
>
> Could someone confirm whether this is just me?

Browser is no help, but commandline FTP gives me the following:

Connected to FTP-01.cyrusimap.org.
500 OOPS: failed to open vsftpd log file:/var/log/vsftpd.log

So, I'd go with the http download until someone fixes that.

Unless you are looking at different branches, patches, etc. I would recommend
the web site download page rather than github:

https://www.cyrusimap.org/download.html

   Jason