Thunderbird and "Login to server failed".

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Wed Oct 4 10:09:34 EDT 2017

Hi,

On 04.10.2017 18:26, Simon Matter wrote:
> Interesting, I've never seen this problem over the years.
>
> Are there firewall rules active on the cyrus-imapd host? Probably limiting
> connection rate?

Yeah, but this happens even when I'm in the same LAN as the server is,
and no filtering between my machine and server happens at all.
Furthermore, I'm administering this server packet filter and I can tell
that there's no connection-limiting rules at all. Plus, I've had this
reproduced right now and made sure that the firewall logged no blocked
packets, so whatever the cause is, it's not a firewall.

Thanks.

Eugene.