Sieve RFC5490 checks user quota usage

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Mar 21 13:17:00 EDT 2017

Hi,

Quoting Paolo Cravero <paolo.cravero at csi.it>:

> And for Nic, yes, I mean the "IMAP STORAGE quota". I would like to warn the
> user that his quota is about to fill up through an email, triggered on new
> mail arrival or login. Why? Because not all clients support reading the
> quota over IMAP or handling an alert (think of some smartphone IMAP client
> or an (active)sync system).
>
> Is there a way to achieve the same result somehow, with stock cyrus?

We have a daily cron-job which checks the quota usage and informs
the user via mail if more than 85% is used. The scripts limits the  mails
send to each user to one every week. An other mail is send if 100%
usage is reached.

Two other ways i can think of is parsing cyrus logs, or using the
notify daemon

Michael

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen