About upgrade and building without caldav/carddav server

Nicola Nye nicolan at fastmail.com
Tue Jun 27 19:36:49 EDT 2017

>> By the way, when upgrading from a 2.3.1X server... can you directly
>> install a 3.0 in the server and should it work?. Is it recommended to
>> perhaps go thought the 2.5 version, reconvert>> databases to suit it's needs (the 2.5 needs) and later pass to 3.0?.>
> I have no experience with upgrading from 2.3 to 3.0, so can't help you
> with that.
When writing the Upgrade documentation
(https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/download/upgrade.html) we did discuss
whether you had to go through intermediate versions on the way to
3.0, and the answer is a 'no'! You should be able to go from 2.3 to
3.0 in one hit.
As always, make sure you have backups of your data before you begin
the upgrade.
Let us know how it goes!

    Nicola