About upgrade and building without caldav/carddav server

Robert Stepanek rsto at paranoia.at
Tue Jun 27 04:44:12 EDT 2017

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017, at 14:57, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea wrote:
> Is it possible to build Cyrus IMAP 3.0 without Caldav/Carddav server?.
> I say this because we have been using Davical from some time now, have
> all development and all done for it. Can it be build without it?.
Caldav/Carddav is only built into Cyrus if you pass the --enable-http
flag to the configure script. Even if HTTP support is built in, Cyrus
won't claim any HTTP/HTTPS standard port, as long as the 'http' service
is not enabled in the SERVICES section of cyrus.conf (note that '#'
character at the start of the line):
# http        cmd="httpd" listen="http" prefork=0

If you want to use some of Cyrus HTTP services on a non-standard port,
change the 'listen' parameter to whatever port you prefer. Make sure the
HTTP services you want from Cyrus are enabled in the 'httpmodules'
parameter in imapd.conf.
> By the way, when upgrading from a 2.3.1X server... can you directly
> install a 3.0 in the server and should it work?. Is it recommended to
> perhaps go thought the 2.5 version, reconvert> databases to suit it's needs (the 2.5 needs) and later pass to 3.0?.
I have no experience with upgrading from 2.3 to 3.0, so can't help you
with that.
Cheers,
Robert