IDN - Need help

Nicola Nye nicolan at fastmail.com
Sun Jun 18 20:31:59 EDT 2017

Hi Per,

Your mail has generated a lot of discussion in the FastMail office about
the state of Cyrus's international character support.
The short answer is that you are correct: Cyrus lmtp does not offer
SMTPUTF8. We have added this to the roadmap as something we want to
address in the short-medium term.
The plan is to write a bunch of tests and see where Cyrus has gaps, then
we'll know how much work we have to do to provide support. (If anyone
wants to join in this effort, let us know: we love getting more folks
involved, and it means you get the features you want, faster)
https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/issues/1647

Cheers,

   Nicola