Cyrus 2.5.10 IMAP search

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Sat Jun 3 12:58:14 EDT 2017

On 2017-06-02 16:38, Anton via Info-cyrus wrote:
> Hi Robert!
>
> Unfortunately it is impossible nearest one or two years. New software
> like version 3 is very dangerous in production. Strange things... emails
> with cyrillic which was created at 2.4.17 find with IMAP search, but
> ones which was created after migration to 2.5.10 wasn't. Mail clients
> are the same and CHARSET is the same - UTF8. Im really unhappy because I
> have no clue what's happened. Need help.

Hi,

We just switched from 2.4 to 2.5 and had similar experience. Something
happened with the squat database between versions but unclear what. We
had to delete the cyrus.squat files and recreate them, unfortunately
that also made them grow tenfold in size. That in turn, made some of
them over 2GB in size and that is over the FreeBSD mmap capability.

I'm still working with this, perhaps someone else can explain the
differences between 2.4 and 2.5 with respect to SEARCH and squatter.