What is the state of Master-Master replication?

Michael Sofka sofkam at rpi.edu
Fri Jul 28 16:14:06 EDT 2017

On 07/26/2017 04:54 PM, Michael Sofka wrote:
> A while back there was some discussion of supporting Master-Master
> replication in Cyrus.  I'm busy updating from 2.4.17 to 3.0.2.  What is
> the state of Master-Master, as opposed to Master-Replica replications?
>
> My current configuration is a Murder cluster with three front-end
> servers, two back-end servers, each with their own replication server.
> One pair of Master-Replica are empty of mailboxes at the moment, prior
> to upgrade.

Continuing my question, what I am thinking is:

    Create imap.conf files on each server:

      Server be1: partition-default /var/spool/imap1
      Server be2: partition-default /var/spool/imap2

   Create replication.conf files on each server:

      Server be1: partition-default /var/spool/imap2
      Server be2: partition-default /var/spool/imap1

replication.conf would be used for the syncserver process on each be server.

The idea is that the imap processes know of one set of partitions, and
the replication process knows of the other.  Each mupdatepush process
will only inform the Cyrus front-end master of its own master partition.
  The IMAP processes will only place it's own partitions in the
synchronization log.

Thoughts?

Mike

Michael D. Sofka               sofkam at rpi.edu
ITI Sr. Systems Programmer,   Email, TeX, Epistemology
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.  http://www.rpi.edu/~sofkam/