Squatter after upgrade

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Fri Apr 28 09:13:46 EDT 2017

Hi list,

I have just upgraded from Cyrus 2.3.7 on a CentOS 5 server to 2.4.17.
on a new CentOS 7 server.

On the old one events was:

EVENTS {
   # this is required
   checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30

   # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression,
   # Sieve or NNTP
   delprune      cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" at=0400

   # this is only necessary if caching TLS sessions
   tlsprune      cmd="tls_prune" at=0400

   # running squatter
   squatter cmd="/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/squatter -r user" period=1440
}

On the new one it's:

EVENTS {
   # this is required
   checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30

   # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression,
   # Sieve or NNTP
   delprune      cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" at=0400

   # this is only necessary if caching TLS sessions
   tlsprune      cmd="tls_prune" at=0400
}

I notice there is no SQUATTER entry in the new one - is it required,
or is the functionality no longer needed? Should I put a SQUATTER
entry in the new server's cyrus.conf?

Thanks
Simon.

--