Set metadata (specialuse - Sent,Junk,Drafts) as admin for other user

OBATA Akio obata at lins.jp
Fri Apr 7 07:46:55 EDT 2017

Hi,

On Fri, 07 Apr 2017 20:03:54 +0900, Olaf Frączyk <olaf at navi.pl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any possibility to set metadata for a users mailbox?
>
> I need to set specialuse, so the users use correct folders for sent,
> drafts,junk. As the users use different mail clients in different
> language versions, they have a mess in their folders. Eg. Outlook 2013
> Polish and English and Thunderbird Polish and English it is impossible
> to use the same folders.
>
> As it is impossible to set others' users private/specialuse as admin, I
> tried shared/specialuse but I got "permission denied" both for admin and
> for user.
>
> Is it possible to impersonate admin as a user (not using user's password)?
>
> Or maybe there is some other way to accomplish my goal?
>
> I cannot expect from users to login via telnet and set it by themselves.

You can use SASL proxy auth. authenticate "a user", authorize as  "admin".
For example with "cyradmn" tool,

% cyradm -u user -a admin server.name

Your server and client tool must ready to use SASL Authentication mechanisms
with PROXY support.
https://cyrusimap.org/sasl/sasl/authentication_mechanisms.html#summary

OBATA Akio / obata at lins.jp