cyradm not showing metadata if logged as admin

Olaf Frączyk olaf at navi.pl
Thu Apr 6 10:29:57 EDT 2017

Hello,

cyrus-imapd-2.5.10-2.3.el7.x86_64 from open build system

I have set metadata for mailboxes:

t3 SETMETADATA "INBOX/Sent" (/private/specialuse "\\Sent")

I can see the metadata from imap connection and from cyradm but only
when logged as user:

t3 LIST (SPECIAL-USE) "" "*"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Drafts) "/" INBOX/Drafts
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Sent) "/" INBOX/Sent
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Trash) "/" INBOX/Trash
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Junk) "/" INBOX/spam

192.168.1.8> getmd INBOX/Sent
{INBOX/Sent}:
   private:
     check: NIL
     checkperiod: NIL
     comment: NIL
     sort: NIL
     specialuse: \Sent
     thread: NIL
     expire: NIL
     news2mail: NIL
     sieve: NIL
     squat: NIL

When logged as cyrus admin I get:

192.168.1.8> getmd user/info/Sent at navi.pl
{user/info/Sent at navi.pl}:
   private:
     check: NIL
     checkperiod: NIL
     comment: NIL
     sort: NIL
     specialuse: NIL
     thread: NIL
     expire: NIL
     news2mail: NIL
     sieve: NIL
     squat: NIL

I want to be able to set the metadata for users' mailboxes, so the
Outlook and Thunderbird use correct folders.

I tried to give the admin full ACL rights for this mailbox but it didn't
help.

Is there any configuration option to change this behaviour?

Best regards,

Olaf Frączyk

--
NAVI Sp. z o.o.