watching and processing a Spam folder for each user

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Sep 29 11:12:24 EDT 2016

BJM> So leaving out the latter part (the per-user database and handling,
BJM> etc.) I wonder what, if anything exists to monitor the Spam (and
BJM> NotSpam) folders for all users.

I have a system which sucks things out of everyone's "confirmed-spam"
folders and feeds it to spamassassin on each filtering host.  It's in
Perl (back from when I remembered how to do perl) and is probably
unpleasant.

https://www.math.uh.edu/~tibbs/spamsuck/

Run spamsuck to pull down all of the spam folders into mbox files and
empty them.  Note that the "spamkill" user (or whatever you choose to
call it) needs ACLs ("lrte", I think) on the confirmed-spam folder, so
your user creation process or sommething run as your admin user needs to
set that up.  There's no reason you couldn't pull out ham folders as
well.

Run spamlearn on each filtering host to feed the sucked spam to
sa_learn.  This updates the global bayes databases, not anything
personal to each user.

I don't bother to do this all automatically, but you could.

 - J<