Did calculating the quota change from 2.3 to 2.5?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 29 16:18:57 EST 2016

Quota is a sum of byte sizes of raw unexpunged messages. It doesn't deduplicate. Likely issue is incorrect quota_mailbox_used in the cyrus.index header on 2.3. a reconstruct will fix those, then quota -f again.

It's not related to du.

The problem with imapsync is that it doesn't handle single instance store. If you have copied messages or delivered then into multiple mailboxes with sieve, they will have hard links on disk.

If you use imapsync, it doesn't know about that, and will upload the same message twice. 2.5 doesn't have the smarts to recognise that it's the same message.

Bron.