Front End not forwarding requests to the backend

Wolfgang Breyha wbreyha at gmx.net
Tue Nov 15 10:23:26 EST 2016

Michael Menge via Info-cyrus wrote on 07/11/16 10:30:
> Quoting Alberto Cardenas via Info-cyrus <info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>:
>
>> I'm trying to setup Cyrus Murder for testing and have three virtual
>> machines for this purpose (frontend, mupdate and backend). The three
>> machines are running Centos 6.5, SASL 2.1.23 and Cyrus 2.3.16
>>

> you might want to consider using a more recent cyrus Version. Cyrus 2.3.16
> is about 7 years old. 2.5.10 is the latest stable, 3.0 will be coming out
> soon. I don't think it has something to do with your problems but, there
> have been many bugfixes and improvements since 2.3. And if you set up a
> new system it would make things easier in the future.

For murder I recommend the latest 2.4.x release. 2.5 has still several issues
open with murder and I can not recommend using it without in deep knowledge
how to handle them (eg. maintain your own patches). 2.4 simply works compared
to 2.5.

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha at gmx.net> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria