LDAP backed aliases

Vladislav Kurz vladislav.kurz at webstep.net
Thu Mar 31 03:22:04 EDT 2016

On Wednesday 30 of March 2016 "Jason L Tibbitts III via Info-cyrus" <info-
cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> TG> I’ve done a quick search and haven’t come across anything yet. Is
> TG> there a way to manage or pull alias information via LDAP? It could
> TG> be that my google fu is weaker than yours.
>
> Well, I have my aliases in LDAP and have for years, but that doesn't
> involve cyrus at all.  It's done at the MTA level on our inbound mail
> servers, though you could do it at the MTA level on your cyrus machine
> as well.
>
> My mail servers run Exim, but I doubt yours do so I don't think an
> example from my configuration would be very useful to you.

Hi,

I have the same situation at one server. Aliases in LDAP, but Exim (SMTP)
server is dealing with them, not cyrus. I think that cyrus does not know about
aliases at all. (whether in LDAP or anything else)

--
Best Regards
        Vladislav Kurz