LDAP backed aliases

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Mar 30 14:07:51 EDT 2016

TG> I’ve done a quick search and haven’t come across anything yet. Is
TG> there a way to manage or pull alias information via LDAP? It could
TG> be that my google fu is weaker than yours.

Well, I have my aliases in LDAP and have for years, but that doesn't
involve cyrus at all.  It's done at the MTA level on our inbound mail
servers, though you could do it at the MTA level on your cyrus machine
as well.

My mail servers run Exim, but I doubt yours do so I don't think an
example from my configuration would be very useful to you.

 - J<