IPv6

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Mon Mar 28 21:30:34 EDT 2016

> Ellie, can you please fix the listen statement to accept correctly
> bracketed ipv6 and backport to at least 2.5 and 2.4, shouldn't be many
> changes in that code.

I don't think there's anything to fix here.  The code looks fine as is,
just docs missing.  Unless we want to explicitly *not* accepted
un-bracketed "ip6-address ':' port"?  But forbidding that seems silly,
considering it requires adding code to remove functionality.

This code hasn't changed since 2012, when it was refactored by 306099b.
It's in the same state (modulo tabs/spaces change) on 2.5 and master
branches.  The 2.4 version is significantly different, as it didn't get
the refactor (but that doesn't appear to be a problem here).

I'm scouring the thread trying to figure out if there's even a problem
being reported (other than lack of docs) and I can't see it.  It seems
to have gone like:

    Sebastian: How do I do this?
    Various: It's not in docs, but try this...
    Sebastian: I tried this and it worked

Sebastian, is there anything you tried that *didn't* work, and if so,
what happened?

Cheers,

ellie