httpd/carddav from git sources

Johan Hattne johan at hattne.se
Tue Jun 28 03:31:15 EDT 2016

> On Jun 26, 2016, at 20:02, ellie timoney <ellie at fastmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Johan,
>
> I don't know how your git repository got into that state...
>
>>  $ git describe
>>  cyrus-imapd-2.5-snapshot-autoconf-and-automake-3857-g4049dd2
>
> This says that the nearest tag your git can find is
> "cyrus-imapd-2.5-snapshot-autoconf-and-automake"(which is over four
> years old), and that your branch is 3857 commits ahead of that tag (but
> the "cyrus-imapd-2.5.0" release tag is only 1796 commits ahead, so why
> didn't describe find that, instead?), and that the commit id of your
> branch tip is "4049dd2" (which I don't have, presumably because it's
> your local commit containing your changes).
>
> You probably want to refetch entirely I suspect [but keep reading first]
>
>>  * remote origin
>>    Fetch URL: git://git.cyrusimap.org/cyrus-imapd
>>    Push  URL: git://git.cyrusimap.org/cyrus-imapd
>>    HEAD branch: master
>
> I think these URLs are wrong/old.  If you can even fetch from them
> anymore, do they update?  Look at the dates on the recent commits -- are
> they ancient?  ('git log --format=fuller' to see commit dates).
>
> But anyway, we just moved our repositories to github last week, so
> anything you get from your old origin is going to be stale now
> regardless.  https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd is the github page
> with the clone/fork/etc links.

Thanks a lot, Ellie;

I’m confused about the repositories; I didn’t commit anything and the last log entries are from August 2015.  Nevertheless, I cloned from GitHub as per above and imap-makefile.patch is indeed obsolete.  However, I find that the httpd patch, or something addressing the same symptom, is still necessary.

In the unpatched code, a sasl_http_request_t structure is created on the stack and a pointer to it is copied to httpd_saslconn using sasl_setprop().  When the structure goes out of scope, there is no guarantee that its members will be preserved.  A diff against the code I just cloned (cyrus-imapd-3.0.0-beta2-294-ga42b500) is attached.

>> I got this all from
>> https://cyrusimap.org/mediawiki/index.php/Contribute#Anonymous_GIT_Access;
>> the text indicates that development is actually happening elsewhere, but
>> it has never been clear to me what the relationship between the
>> repositories is.
>
> Okay, that mediawiki is ancient -- I actually thought it was gone
> already -- so that explains the old info.   I guess you got there from
> Google, because it hasn't been linked from cyrusimap.org for ages.
>
> Anyway, I suspect once you set up the correct git remote, and fetch from
> that, your build troubles will go away.

Yes, I think I got to the mediawiki via Google.

// Best wishes; Johan