[cyrus 3.0] 20 delayed mailbox deleted limit?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 9 19:29:54 EDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016, at 04:38, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> BG> How would you suggest we protect against exploiting delayed delete
> BG> to fill the server without going over quota?
>
> Well, I don't even run quotas.  But I do keep deleted messages around
> for 12 weeks, and even if I didn't, I do delete accounts occasionally.
> Deleting one account would go over the limit, and though I suck the
> messages out to mbox format for the final archiving, an instant nuke of
> older mailboxes would prevent an "easy" restore.
>
> BG> Maybe a new quota
> BG> field for "total mailbox usage including deleted stuff" that can be
> BG> set to a high enough value that no reasonable user will ever hit it?
>
> As long as I can just set it to 'unlimited', I don't care.  Disk is
> cheap and I don't have enough users to worry about it.  But I've had
> people delete all 100+ of their mailboxes before, and come screaming.

Just to be really clear what this is.  It's per mailbox name - if you create and delete
the SAME mailbox more 20 times, it only keeps the most recent 20 of that mailbox.

If you accidentally delete 100 mailboxes, they'll all still be there.

And it doesn't stop you deleting mailboxes or anything - it just immediately cleans
up the 21st one when you delete the mailbox again.

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm