[cyrus 3.0] 20 delayed mailbox deleted limit?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Jun 9 14:38:27 EDT 2016

BG> How would you suggest we protect against exploiting delayed delete
BG> to fill the server without going over quota?

Well, I don't even run quotas.  But I do keep deleted messages around
for 12 weeks, and even if I didn't, I do delete accounts occasionally.
Deleting one account would go over the limit, and though I suck the
messages out to mbox format for the final archiving, an instant nuke of
older mailboxes would prevent an "easy" restore.

BG> Maybe a new quota
BG> field for "total mailbox usage including deleted stuff" that can be
BG> set to a high enough value that no reasonable user will ever hit it?

As long as I can just set it to 'unlimited', I don't care.  Disk is
cheap and I don't have enough users to worry about it.  But I've had
people delete all 100+ of their mailboxes before, and come screaming.

 - J<