unable to delete corrupted mail box on cyrus v2.3.16

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Mon Jan 11 10:05:39 EST 2016

--On 11. Januar 2016 um 15:51:39 +0100 Sophie Loewenthal via Info-cyrus
<info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> I have a broken mailbox that I would like to delete.
>
> This is Cyrus v2.3.16 on CentOS 6.
>
>  I tried reconstructing the mailbox from scratch ( Because I suspect this
> was manually deleted from disc ).
>

> mkdir imap-store/spool/imap/domain/example.com/user/kat^long
> cd imap-store/spool/imap/domain/example.com/user/kat^long
> chmod 755 .
> chown cyrus:mail .
> touch cyrus.header
> chown cyrus:mail cyrus.header
>
> log into cyradm:
> localhost> lam user/kat.long
> kat.long at example.com lrswipkxtecda
> localhost> reconstruct -r user/kae.long
> reconstruct: Mailbox has an invalid format
> localhost> dm user/kat.long
> deletemailbox: Permission denied
>
> Names and domain names replaced with false entries.
>
> How could I remove this?

If everything else fails, you can always stop Cyrus, export the
mailboxes.db file using "ctl_mboxlist -d", delete the mailbox from the
export, and import it using "ctl_mboxlist -u". After that you can just
delete the folder from the file system and start Cyrus again.

Sebastian
--
    .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121 (Gebäude 133), Zimmer 2.02.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.