mailserver recovery issue.

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Thu Jan 7 13:07:12 EST 2016

On 01/07/16 10:55 -0500, Alvin Starr via Info-cyrus wrote:
>Through a sequence of bad  decisions we now have an odd situation and
>I am wondering how to fix it.
>We moved from one server to another but had to move back after a month
>leaving us with overlapping mail stores.
>
>Server A has email from day0 to Nov 2015  then from Dec 26 to today.
>Server B has email from day0 to Dec 25.
>
>I was thinking of copying the files but there is an overlap of names.
>I am not sure of using imapcopy  because I don't have the users passwords.

If you configure a 'proxyservers' account, you will be be able to assume
the identities of your users without having their passwords. See the
imapsync manpage for how to make use of it (--authuser1, --authuser2).

Mutt would be a more flexible option since it would allow you to select
date ranges, at the expense of being more labor intensive.

--
Dan White