IDLE error

Valentin Bud valentin at databus.pro
Thu Jan 7 09:36:43 EST 2016

Hi Catalin,

I have a Cyrus 2.2 instance running on Debian.

$ grep -R idled /etc/cyrus.conf
         # this is only necessary if idlemethod is set to "idled" in
imapd.conf
         idled           cmd="idled"

The idled command is located inside the START{} block.

$ sudo ls -al /var/run/cyrus/socket
total 8
drwxr-x--- 2 cyrus mail 4096 Nov 11 06:55 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 cyrus mail 4096 Apr  9  2013 ..
srwxrwxrwx 1 cyrus mail    0 Nov 11 06:55 idle
srwxrwxrwx 1 root  root    0 Nov 11 06:55 lmtp
srwxrwxrwx 1 root  root    0 Nov 11 06:55 notify

I guess you can enable it and fix the problem. I don't think
you have to change anything in imapd.conf.

Best,
Valentin

On 07/01/16 16:28, D CATALIN BADIRCA via Info-cyrus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First of all thank you very much for accepting me into the mailing
> list and for your fast response.
>
> I don’t see anything related to idle socket into cyrus.conf. The only
> place I can configure idle is into imapd.conf and the lines look like
> this:
>
> 416 # Unix domain socket that idled listens on.
> 417 #
> 418 #idlesocket: /var/imap/socket/idle
>
> I don’t have the idle folder into /var/imap/socket tho.
>
> Thank you !
>
> On 07 Jan 2016, at 14:13, Dave McMurtrie <dave64 at andrew.cmu.edu
> <mailto:dave64 at andrew.cmu.edu>> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2016-01-07 at 13:51 +0200, D CATALIN BADIRCA via Info-cyrus
>> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I’ve installed a Postfix with Cyrus IMAP and Cyrus SASL. All good,
>>> can send/receive email very fast.
>>> There is one error in the logs that I cannot understand what impact
>>> has on the mail system. I’ve tried searching books,documentations,
>>> mail lists, google and nothing helped me. Maybe some of you gurus
>>> will help me understand.
>>> Here is the error I have in the log:
>>>
>>> imaps[9717]: IDLE: error sending message INIT to idled for mailbox
>>> user.test: No such file or directory. Falling back to polling every