2.5.x RPMs from KolabSys?

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sat Feb 13 08:31:14 EST 2016

On 2016-02-12 03:38, Nicola Nye wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> On a quick uneducated tour around the obs.kolabsys.com site, I get to
> https://obs.kolabsys.com/package/show/cyrus-imapd:2.5-next/cyrus-imapd
>
> and if you follow the links per platform on on the right hand side, it
> does take you to a page which seems to have downloadable tarballs.
>
> They don't seem to have been rebuilt in a long while, and many
> platforms
> have build errors, so YMMV with how much use it is. Jeroen is listed as
> the maintainer; he may know more.

Hey folks,

I do know more; I run both the OBS, do the packaging and such and so
forth. It's therefore also my fault that I'm not paying as much to these
branches.

I wasn't under the impression anyone was actually interested in using
these packages, and it was originally created as a verification step in
development, more than the intended distribution channel for Cyrus IMAP.

That is to say, we ship some of the latest and greatest with our own
product, which is also where I spend most of my time.

2.4-next, 2.5-next and master project builds are supposed to be
triggered as part of Continuous Integration -> Continuous Delivery. I
have, since I've started with all of this, written a variety of scripts
necessary to check stuff back in to the build system -- but I have not
applied that to the cyrus-imapd build projects.

Leaves me to wonder whether these packages are actually used by some or
the other significant number of deployments?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Senior Solutions Architect, Kolab Systems AG

e: vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
m: +41 79 951 9003
w: https://kolabsystems.com

pgp: 9342 BF08