fetching spam from users junk folder

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Dec 6 14:34:53 EST 2016

MS> Hi, I'm looking for an easy way to fetch spams, which were moved
MS> into a special junk subfolder by users in their accounts. I'd like
MS> to move those messages from there to my account, so I can analyse
MS> them to adjust anti spam rules. How would you do that?

I posted about my setup for this just a couple of months ago.  I set up
a confirmed-spam folder for each user, which has an ACL that gives the
"spamkill" user access.  Then I have a simple program that pulls the
mail out of there and stuffs it in an mbox file, and another program to
run on my mail filter hosts that passes all of that spam to sa-learn.

You can find the relevant code at:

https://www.math.uh.edu/~tibbs/spamsuck/

If you just wanted to be able to read the mail in those folders, though,
why not just add an ACL for yourself and read the mail normally?

 - J<