2.5.7 caldav interoperability

Wolfgang Breyha wbreyha at gmx.net
Fri Apr 22 09:11:41 EDT 2016

rsto--- via Info-cyrus wrote on 21/04/16 22:51:
> P.S.: I am based in Vienna as well, so feel free to reach out to me :)

Thanks for your offlist help. I think you pointed me in the right direction.

2.5.7 announces VPOLL for all except iOS/8 devices. HEAD doesn't announce
VPOLL at all

HEAD
http_caldav.c:4520
        /* Apple clients don't like VPOLL */
        types &= ~CAL_COMP_VPOLL;
vs. 2.5.7
http_caldav.c:3512
        /* XXX  iOS/8 doesn't like VPOLL */
        if (hdr && strstr(hdr[0], "iOS/8")) types &= ~CAL_COMP_VPOLL;

May I ask to backport this change to 2.5.x? I patched it locally and can
confirm that our iOS/7 and 9 devices are able to access the Default Calendar now.

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha at gmx.net> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria