Request: Please sign this list's messages via DKIM or SPF

Binarus lists at binarus.de
Tue Apr 5 09:47:45 EDT 2016

On 04.04.2016 23:02, Vincent Fox via Info-cyrus wrote:
> I'll admit I am testing SPF as a greylisting measure.
> Your IP gets hardfail, you get 5min deferral.
>
> I don't delude myself it does anything other than catch maybe
> 5-10% of spammers that don't bother with retries.  More often it
> seems to catch people like a major network backbone operation
> that OUGHT to know better, that has no SPF and acted like it
> was going to require committees and 2 months for the
> brain surgery.
>
> YMMV indeed.

Well, that seems to be the case. I have no reason to boast here; it is indeed true that we cut down the number of spam messages by 90% solely by rejecting all messages without one of SPF or DKIM. Since a few days, we are blacklisting the domains which have sent SPAM, and now it looks like we could cut down the SPAM an additional order of magnitude by doing so (no exact figures yet).

Regards,

Binarus