Request: Please sign this list's messages via DKIM or SPF

Binarus lists at binarus.de
Mon Apr 4 11:11:45 EDT 2016

Dave,

On 04.04.2016 13:22, Dave McMurtrie wrote:
>> the messages which are being sent from this mailing list's server don't seem to be protected by SPF or signed by DKIM. Are there plans to implement at least one of these in the near future?
>>

> We currently have no plans to implement either, but I can put it on our
> list of things to do.

Thank you very much for considering.

Due to the exponential increase of spam, we generally have to reject all messages which are not secured by SPF or DKIM, and we know a lot of other people who do the same (by the way, this has proven to be extremely effective in our case). When our MTA encounters such a message, it rejects it and returns a bounce message to the pretended sender, notifying him about the problem.

Of course, we absolutely do not want those DSNs to get onto the mailing lists, so we have to implement exception rules for every mailing list which does not use SPF or DKIM. This generally works, but it requires some manual effort, and it only works until a mailing list server changes ...

Given that, I think that other people would be grateful if you would implement one of those techniques, too, and implementing is very easy :-)

Regards,

Binarus