virtdomains

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Fri Sep 25 09:06:35 EDT 2015

This goes back a lot of years but I got burned by turning on virtual
domains.
We had an older install of cyrus running and when we turned on virtual
domains we did it over top of the old mailbox tree.

BAD IDEA.

It sort of worked but we found a number of corner case quirks.
for example if the original domain had a mailbox called "info" none of
the domains could have a mailbox named "info at some.domain".

My next mailserver conversion was done using a clean build and imapcoy
for the data transfer.

That being said it would be nice if cyrus had a dump and restore
function where you could dump the whole system context and restore it
into another system.(this may exist but I don't know of it off hand.)

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (905)513-7688
alvin at netvel.net              ||