2.4.17 --> 2.5.3 Some mail folders no longer accessible

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 23 07:39:33 EDT 2015

Hi -

I think you mean compare the actual mail spool to the contents of (on Arch)

    /var/imap/user/d/djones.sub

Yes, as far as I can tell the subscription file contains only valid mail
folders; however, I did notice that one of the mail subfolders starts
with a number:

     user.djones.Archives Staff.1Amy Smith

Could this be causing the problem?

One point of confusion.  I've been using

    unixhierarchysep: yes

ever since I started using 2.4.17, but the entries in user/username.sub
are still listed using "." as the separator?  What happens when a user
has a "." in the mailbox folder name?