using cassandra as backend storage instead of filesystem

Ram ram at netcore.co.in
Tue Sep 1 00:52:34 EDT 2015

We have been using cyrus for quiet sometime now. I guess , now we have
to move from traditional file based storage to more distributable models
like cassandra
The benefits are tremendous , since that automatically provides for
hardware redundancy and scalability.

For even slightly large setups , typically more that 200+ users using
cyrus with multiple servers becomes necessary both for redundancy and
performance.
Current methods , using NGINX proxy etc are kludgy, and dont provide
real redundancy in h/w terms.

If Cyrus could use a cassandra like backed to store the mails and
probably use cassandra lucene index then we could scale to any number of
users easily.
Is there any work going on , on these lines?

I guess similar work is going on for dovecot imap servers, quick google
search did lead to some results

Thanks
Ram