cyrus imap 2.5.5 build in Linux: problem with pcre

Sergey a_s_y at sama.ru
Mon Oct 19 08:26:29 EDT 2015

On Monday 19 October 2015, ellie timoney wrote:

> Do you have pkg-config installed on your system?

$ pkg-config --version
0.25

> Does your pcre library support utf8?

I think yes: configure call in pcre.spec contains "--enable-pcre8
--enable-pcre16 --enable-utf" options.

> Do you have a line in your configure output like
> "checking for utf8 enabled pcre..."?

No. I have not the sting "checking for utf8" in output of configure.
I look into "configure" and found what $ac_cv_header_pcreposix_h="".

If I to set ac_cv_header_pcreposix_h="yes" then package is configured
with pcre

checking pcre/pcreposix.h usability... yes
checking pcre/pcreposix.h presence... yes
checking for pcre/pcreposix.h... yes
checking for utf8 enabled pcre... yes

External dependencies:
   ldap:               yes