cyrus imap 2.5.5 build in Linux: problem with pcre

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Sun Oct 18 18:26:59 EDT 2015

Hi Sergey,

Do you have pkg-config installed on your system?  If not, does
installing it help?

Does your pcre library support utf8?  Cyrus depends on a utf8-enabled
pcre library.  If your pcre library does not appear to support utf-8,
then the configure script will find the headers but will decide to not
use the library.  Do you have a line in your configure output like
"checking for utf8 enabled pcre..."?  What does it say?

Cheers,

ellie