RFC6154 and upgrade to Cyrus 2.5

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sun Oct 18 06:09:02 EDT 2015

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015, at 03:25, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:

> On 2015-10-16 15:00, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> > --On 16. Oktober 2015 14:56:32 +0200 Per olof Ljungmark
> > <peo at intersonic.se> wrote:
> >
> >> If the xlist folder flags worked in 2.4, why were they removed in 2.5?
> >
> > Because XLIST was a hack that was first introduced and then deprecated
> > by Google. Leave it to Microsoft to rely on hacks.
>
> OK, I can understand that. But it is still the way you redirect your OL
> users to have their sent mail etc ending up in the right place.
>
> This looks like a show stopper for for us to go to 2.5 then.

The XLIST command still works fine, and gets the special use flags (including magic \Inbox for XLIST but not list-return-specialuse) - the only change is that instead of hard-coding the names for everyone on the server, you use the specialuse annotation from the RFC to set which folders have which special-use, allowing users with different language folders on the same server.

It does mean that your provisioning system needs to support creating with a use, like this:

TAG CREATE INBOX.Trash (USE (\Trash))

You could definitely create a case for improving the tooling around that, and maybe even adding support to the autocreate options.  I think we'd be happy to backport that to 2.5.

Bron.
--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm