cyrus mailboxes format

Andres Tarallo atarallo at acm.org
Thu Mar 5 09:36:19 EST 2015

>  On Thu, Mar 5, 2015, at 05:10 AM, Andres Tarallo wrote:
>

> No matter what solution you choose, everybody's email is going to have to
> resync, because you won't be able to keep the same UIDVALIDITY on your
> folders.  One advantage of staying with Cyrus is that you can keep
> UIDVALIDITY.
>
> It's true that we don't have things like AD integration.  That's on the
> goals for version 3.0, which we're hoping to release in July.  I'd be
> interested in knowing what else is dragging you away from Cyrus.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bron.

My manager is interested in losing old mails. He is aware that there might
be issues, that the migration won't be unnoticed.

I'm not dragging away from Cyrus specifically. We're leaving behind a
tailor made solution, that cyrus happens to be one of it's parts. The great
issue with that solution is that our less skilled IT workers aren't capable
of doing many things. we choose zimbra mostly because of the admin
interface, that is web based. Many admin tasks are accomplished there.

I don't find fair to compare zimbra against cyrus. Is like comparing a
petrol (4 stroke) engine against a brand new car, with tank filled and
ready to ride.

Andrés