cyrus mailboxes format

Andres Tarallo atarallo at acm.org
Wed Mar 4 12:40:34 EST 2015

> [..]
> Incidentally, a question for the OP: why change from Cyrus to Zimbra? If
> you want collaborative features, wouldn't Kolab do the job (and therefore
> allow you to keep your Cyrus backend)?

Cyrus IMAP is part of an old in-house developed mail solution. I've
deployed solutions like that, with small changes, for a while. That
solution requires more skilled it staff for trivial tasks like provisioning
of new accounts.

We found in zimbra a more polished solution, capable of integrating with
active directory with a reasonable effort. In that way we keep a single
password and account for select users. The admin panel let's our less
skilled IT staff take care of more tasks than they actually do. The webmail
has a familiar look for people exposed to outlook (most of our users).

We can't afford developing a new in-house solution, or enhace the
shortcomings of the one we have now.  An last, but not least, we purched
recently free new domains that have mail handled in a zimbra server. In
this case will be doing migration and consolidation.

Andrés