cyrus mailboxes format

Geoff Winkless cyrus at geoff.dj
Wed Mar 4 12:16:17 EST 2015

On 4 March 2015 at 16:36, Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca> wrote:

>> I would take the opportunity to migrate my email away​ to someone who is
>> unlikely to do so in future.
>>

> That would be hard to do if it was a work provided account. :-)

Any IT manager that did that would find his/her life made as difficult as I
could manage for as long as I and (s)he remained at the company; then again
I doubt that would be very long - the cost of forcing an entire company to
spend a couple of hours per person faffing around copying mail from one
system to another is simply unjustifiable.

Migrating email systems is a complex thing to do, but not an impossible
one. And if you can't figure out how to do it, you shouldn't be managing a
system change, you should either pass it to someone who can or just keep
using the system you have.

Incidentally, a question for the OP: why change from Cyrus to Zimbra? If
you want collaborative features, wouldn't Kolab do the job (and therefore
allow you to keep your Cyrus backend)?