delayed delete_mode question

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Jan 10 05:40:32 EST 2015

I didn't know about the delayed delete_mode option until finally taking
the time to comb through the man pages in detail.

This seems like a very useful feature, but I'm not sure I understand how
it's implemented.  Say some user deletes a message or folder.  Does s/he
have immediate access to the deleted mailboxes hierarchy so that they
can restore the deleted message/folder themselves, or does this require
administrator intervention?  If the former, does the deleted hierarchy
show up automatically, or do they have to subscribe to it?