sieve and global/default scripts

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Fri Feb 6 08:05:12 EST 2015

Am Freitag, 6. Februar 2015, 17:13:14 schrieb Eugene M. Zheganin:
> Do I understand correctly that now, in order to create a default script
> for each  already existing uses I should link the default script for them ?
afaik this is NOT the intention of cyrus "default scripts". technically it
should be "enough" to place them anywhere where the cyrus user have access to.

"defaults scripts (if i understand right) are scripts maintainable by SIEVE
protocol (and not only by filesystem operations which are not the preferred
wa..."usually") by a cyrus admin user where all or a domain of users have
access to to include the script it into their OWN scripts (by sieve INCLUDE),
which NOT means that any of them HAVE to use it.

But btw: Depending of what your filter should do, may be it makes more sense
in your target scenario to do the filter / rule task on all incoming mail in
your mailer/MDA/MTA before cyrus - i.e. by your mailers SIEVE implementation
or other filter techniques within it.

hthabit
best regards,

Niels.