sieve and global/default scripts

Dave McMurtrie dave64 at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Feb 6 06:46:39 EST 2015

Hi,

First, apologies for the top-post.  The client I'm responding from doesn't allow me to quote inline because apparently in 2015 we no longer need to do that.  But I digress...

I think everyone agrees that the state of Cyrus documentation is deplorable, but it's very understandable.  The people who contribute the most to the Cyrus project are the people who are writing code.  There is nobody dedicated full-time to writing documentation and the result of that is what you've observed: lackluster documentation.

Jeroen has put considerable effort into improving that, but it's been mostly a solo effort up to this point.  You can see his work at http://cyrusimap.org/~vanmeeuwen/.

In the true spirit of open source collaboration, I invite you to contribute to the project by improving the documentation that exists and adding any documentation that is missing.  I can create an account for you in the wiki if you're interested.  Please let me know.

Thanks!

Dave